The question that begs to be answered is this: "how do I write a soul stirring article?" I am glad you asked. Here are six points to writing that electrifying piece.
- Know your target audience. The relationship between writers and their audience is like very much like dating. The most effective relationship is the one of mutual giving and understanding. The best clothing is worn. The best foot is put forward in a shiny shoe. You are simply dressed to kill. This type of relationship building writing is much more effective than showing up at the café in a raggedy outfit. It is of paramount importance that writers placate their audience's needs. As writers, we serve our readers' interests. Lose this focus and you will absolutely lose your audience.
- Pick the topic carefully. Communication is the breath of life of any relationship. When I am dating someone, my main focus is to keep the relationship fresh, invigorating and exciting. As a writer, I pick topics that elevate the mood. No one likes a constant crab. You want to create an atmosphere where your audience feels right at home while reading your piece. Do this and they will come back for seconds and thirds.
- The title must pique curiosity. I could have titled this article, "How to Write an Article". That title is not juicy. It is lifeless. It is blah, bland and vanilla. However, the title I chose will cause a reaction. Which writers does not want to stir the precious soul of their readers? We all do. Personally, I want to tease my readers with the title and leave them wanting more.
- The first sentence is your "hook". The first line of any article should be like a passionate kiss. Some people just do not know how to kiss. Yet there is that one person whose kiss melts you just in the right places. Their kiss is so delicious that it creates a hunger for more - lots more.
- Quality content. Your story must pluck the heart strings. It must gingerly and cunningly intoxicate. Over the top writing, done tastefully and in moderation, creates a stirring interest to continue reading through to the end. Keep million dollar words to a minimum. Some articles read like a dictionary. Dictionaries are not particularly exciting. Avoid using street vernacular. Wrap your ideas with subtle sophistication. NEVER use vulgarity. Create a flow from one sentence to the next. An article should always present your thoughts with melodic clarity. There is no mistaking what is on your mind.
- Call for action. Once writers have created a pleasant atmosphere, they have given their readers a glimpse into the future. Your audience feels good about the time they have spent with you and they will want to visit with you again. Your presence in their lives will become important. They will want more of you and they will excitedly look forward to the next encounter.
I look forward to seeing you again, my beloved reader. Until we meet again.